Dr Renuka David offers ten-point advice to stay healthy, happy and keep your immunity up during these tough times.
- Avoid smoking.
- Achieve a positive frame of mind by mindfully working on it. It is like exercising your physical body. Steps should be taken to exercise your mind positively with steadfastness and patient endurance.
- Exercise in the form of HIET (High Intensity Explosive Training) workouts or brisk walking for 40 minutes at least 4-5 times a week. This releases happiness hormones like endorphins and seratonins.
- Eat foods that boost your immunity, especially those rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, selenium, calcium, manganese and magnesium-rich food.
- Get at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Maintain an ideal normal weight, keeping your height and BMI in mind.
- Consume alcohol in moderation, or not at all.
- Practice meditation and yoga.
- Try out a new hobby.
- Find ways to reach out and make a difference positively.